Sharing God's Love: Visiting Orphans

Today is my birthday.

When I woke up this morning and felt God's love all around me--it is the most beautiful birthday gift imaginable.

God's love was in the morning kiss from my husband and in the smile from my infant son and in the slightly off-key rendition of Happy Birthday from my two beautiful daughters. God's love was pasted all over my Facebook wall in wishes from friends and family. God's love blew up my cell phone with text messages and voice mails. I felt in the salty beach air on the deck of our vacation house.

And it is this love, His love, that keeps our family strong and together.

I know I am blessed and I was blessed with this love as a child.

God is a relationship God--He wants us to be in an intimate and close relationship with him. And for children and families who are suffering or separated, sometimes it can be hard to  see God's love--sometimes it can be impossible to feel His love and light because simply no one is there to share it.

Visiting Orphans is a 501(c)3 non-profit mission sending agency established in 2005 as a way to fulfill the biblical mandate given in James 1:27 to "visit orphans and widows in their distress". They are dedicated to building relationships and working toward long-term change in those they visit and in those they send.

The organization partners with other organizations, orphanages and ministries around the world that care for children and communities.  Volunteers go to orphanages, communities and ministries to encourage those who are doing the day to day work, to assist in that work and help raise awareness as each partner sees fit, and above all - to love people in Jesus’ name.

Today, Visiting Orphans is launching a new video today about their work. Please take a few moments to watch and be inspired to share the blessings and love that God has given to you:


Comments

Post a Comment